Targeted Impact Grants
The 2017 Targeted Impact Grant Cycle has come to a close. The next TIG cycle is anticipated to open in January, 2018. Please return to this page for future details.
Our 2017 Grant Highlights– Targeted Impact Grants 2017
About Targeted Impact Grants
At Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri, we recognize that our goal of ending poverty is one that we could never achieve on our own. The Targeted Impact Grant program allows CCCNMO to connect with community partners and strengthen efforts to eradicate poverty throughout our 38 county service area.
Targeted Impact Grants are intended to fill the void between two other typical grant programs: very large or long-term programs for major projects; and emergency assistance such as disaster relief. Targeted Impact Grants are for projects involving between $1000 and $5000, where the needs are important but not immediate. Examples might include equipment or minor remodeling; or perhaps help to “over the hump” on a larger project. Here are some important points to keep in mind when considering whether to apply:
- Applications for TIG will be accepted only from parishes, groups, and organizations that are located in and provide direct services to the needy within the Diocese of Jefferson City.
- Applications should generally seek funding of not less than $1000 and not more than $5000. Grants awarded may be less than the amounts requested.
- A limited amount of funds is budgeted for TIG. Unfortunately, it is likely that not all requests can be funded.
- Applications should generally seek funding for one-time expenses as opposed to reoccurring expenses or budget challenges.
- Due to the review and approval timetables, TIGs are typically not appropriate for emergency funding needs, or when a response is required within sixty days or less.
- Projects must conform to the moral and social teachings of the Catholic Church. However, funding is not restricted to Catholic programs or facilities.
- Funding is generally not available for the following.
- Funding staff positions
- Partisan political activity
- Projects that focus primarily on education
- Projects with a national or international focus
- Providing indirect services
- For-profit organizations
- Government entities
- Debts already incurred
- . Applications are not carried forward for consideration in future funding cycles and should be resubmitted.