At Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri we care daily for our friends, neighbors, and the strangers among us who are most in need – the homeless and hungry, the sick, the imprisoned, the refugee and the immigrant. We rely on the generous support of our community in order to continue our ministry. Whether you are interested in donating your time, talent, or treasure we hope you will consider supporting Catholic Charities in our ministry of “Providing Care…Creating Hope”.
There are many ways for you to donate. Donations are always accepted online or by mail. In addition to the types of gifts listed below, Catholic Charities welcomes planned gifts. For more information, please contact Jake Seifert, Director of Development for the Diocese of Jefferson City.
Do you enjoy shopping with Amazon? Now your purchases can help support Catholic Charities live saving ministries! To start shopping and giving today, just follow this link: Catholic Charities Amazon Smile Site
You can make your gift go further by committing to make a donation each month. Sign up here.
A donation to Catholic Charities is a wonderful way to recognize someone special by making a gift in honor of a birthday, anniversary or another special occasion. We will send a card to the honoree to advise of your generosity in his/her name. Give a gift that gives back to the community. For further information, contact Jake Seifert, Director of Development.
Memorial Gifts – Memorial gifts honor the memory of someone who has passed on. In lieu of sending flowers, you may wish to show sympathy by making a charitable gift. You and the honoree’s next-of-kin will receive an acknowledgment card. For further information, contact Jake Seifert, Director of Development.
Our Refugee Resettlement office establishes a new, fully-furnished home for each newly arrived refugee. In addition, our Disaster Response and Emergency Assistance programs regularly provide household goods to neighbors in need who have been displaced by natural disasters, house fires, and other unfortunate events. The following items are commonly needed by our clients:
- Furniture: twin, full, and queen beds; kitchen tables and chairs; sofas; coffee and end tables; dressers; desks
- Appliances: table and floor lamps; microwaves; alarm and wall clocks; televisions; vacuum cleaners
- Bathroom/Bedroom: Bath and hand towels; washcloths; shampoo and conditioner; soap and body wash; toothbrushes and toothpaste; deodorant; shower curtains and rings; waste bins; razors; facial tissues; toilet paper; linens and blankets/comforters (twin, full, and queen beds); hangers and laundry baskets; laundry detergent; broom and dustpans
- Kitchen: Dish sets and cutlery; drinking glasses; pots/pans and baking dishes; serving platters and mixing bowls; dish detergent and sponges; trash cans and bags.
For more information or to request a pick-up of large items, please call (573) 635-7719 or email: email@example.com
Volunteering and Internships
Our offices depend on our many devoted volunteers to keep things running smoothly. There are many opportunities for you to become a volunteer with Catholic Charities of Central and Northern Missouri:
In Jefferson City at the CCCNMO Administration and Community Services Office:
- Help with mailings
- Stuffing bags
- Data entry
- Phone work
In Columbia at the Refugee Resettlement Office:
- providing additional support and guidance to an individual or family;
- tutoring English and other school subjects;
- setting up apartments for newly arriving refugees;
- assisting with translation;
- providing office support;
- organizing community awareness or fundraising events.
We work with volunteers from a wide variety of skills sets and backgrounds. However, availability of volunteer opportunities is contingent upon our current need and your availability. We will do our best to coordinate you with an appropriate family or activity and help support you as you go.
We host a number of student interns each semester through a variety of degree programs including: social work, international studies, public affairs, nursing, agriculture and interdisciplinary studies. We are always looking for opportunities to expand to other programs.
For more information on Jefferson City opportunities, please contact Leslie Prenger (573) 635-7719 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Columbia opportunities, please contact Grace Wildenhaus (573) 442-7568 or email: email@example.com